Why should you eat them lemons?
My first thought would be to follow the advice above as I recently was thrown lemons at by life.. but nah maybe squeezing them in people’s eyes would be too harsh, plus I wear my heart upon my sleeve like a big deal. So I’d rather do the second option which is..
Yeah you go girl!
But.. Today’s topic isn’t going to be about life, it’s about lemons instead 🙂
What I’m showing you is a reversed metaphor traced back to its literal meaning. Yes, your life can get unimaginably sour as when jars of lemon juice are chucked into your throat in a single gulp. It’s freaking bitter braaah. But depends on how you see it, you can add on some liquid like vodka and have a party out of it ;p just as lemons are acidic to the taste, but are alkaline forming in the body. (learn here about the magic word Alkaline)
Lesson of the day, lemons are not so bad after all! IN FACT they are the best thing that can happen to you, literally. Why though?
Since I am here to help you gain secret information about your body, some info you probably never heard of and definitely some info that can blow your mind, open your eyes, and drop your jaw, you better get ready and pay shitloads of attention to what I am about to say.
Lemon facts, they don’t just heal your acne and oily skin, they don’t just brighten your hair and strengthen your nails, those facts you get from magazines are totally underestimating and are a blasphemy to what lemons can actually solace you with. Lemons do dangerously more than that, having the quality of alkaline as mentioned above, lemons save your lives. Literally.
1. Lemons are alkalizing for your body: Lemons are acidic to begin with but they are alkaline forming on body fluids helping to restore balance to the body’s pH.
2. Lemons are rich in vitamin C and flavonoids that work against infections like colds and flues.
3. Your liver loves lemons: “Lemon is a wonderful stimulant to the liver and is a dissolvent of uric acid and other poisons, liquefies the bile” says Back to Eden Mr. Kloss. Fresh lemon juice added to a large glass of water in the morning is a great liver detoxifier.
4. Cleans your bowels: Lemons increase peristalsis in the bowels helping to create a bowel movement thus eliminating waste and bonus to help with being regularity. Add the juice of one lemon to warm water and drink after you drink your two or three cups of water first thing in the morning.
5. Scurvy is treated by giving one to two ounces of lemon juice diluted with water every two to four hours. In 1747, a naval James Lind cured scurvy with fresh lemons. To this day, the British Navy requires ships to carry enough lemons so that every sailor can have one ounce of juice a day. This is where the English got their nickname Limeys. Pirates used to eat Lemons to save them from the dreaded scurvy! Watch video.
6. The citric acid in lemon juice dissolve gallstones, calcium deposits, and kidney stones.
7. Vitamin C in lemons neutralize free radicals linked to aging and most types of disease.
8. The lemon peel contains the potent phytonutrient tangeretin, which has been proven to be effective for brain disorders like Parkinson’s disease.
9. It destroys intestinal worms.
10. When there is insufficient oxygen and difficulty in breathing such as when mountain climbing lemons are very helpful. The first man, Edmund Hillary to reach the top of Mt. Everest, said that his success on Mt. Everest was greatly due to lemons.
11. Lemons have powerful antibacterial properties; experiments have found the juice of lemons destroy the bacteria of malaria, cholera, diphtheria, typhoid and other deadly diseases.
12. Blood vessels are strengthened by the Vitamin P in lemon thus prevents internal haemorrhage. Also, making it effective in treating high blood pressure.
13. The symptoms of eye disorders, including diabetic retinopathy have been shown in research to improve due to the Rutin, found in lemons.
14. Lemons contain 22 anti-cancer compounds, including naturally occurring limonene; oil which slows or halts the growth of cancer tumors in animals and flavonol glycosides which stop cell division in cancer cells.
15. According to The Reams Biological Ionization Theory (RBTI), the lemon is the ONLY food in the world that is Anionic (it’s electron has a negative charge). All other foods are cationic (it’s outer electron has positive charge.) This makes it extremely useful to health as it is the interaction between anions and cations that ultimately provides all cell energy. (again these are quoted from realfoodforlife.com)
- Pure lemon juice contains acid which is harmful to teeth enamel. Always dilute with water before taking it.
- Lemons that are not washed properly like the ones you get in restaurants may include potentially pathogenic microbes.
To summarize, when life gives you lemon… squeeze it, mix it with six ounces of distilled water and drink twice daily ~ Jethro Kloss